After a long hiatus, I am so excited to re-launch this blog today!
It’s been awhile, but for good reason, one that I am excited to share in the near future. So much life has happened since my last post:
- I moved from a single mom to a married mom when I got married to my husband Joshua in 2017.
- We spent the first three months of marriage in a long-distance arrangement.
- We bought our first home in Louisiana in 2017 and moved in together for the first time that December.
- My husband adopted my daughter Raegan in 2018.
- We got pregnant in 2019! We’re due to have a baby girl this spring.
- We moved from Louisiana to Southern California in late 2019.
As you can see, there has been a lot of change offline. I needed to take a step back from this blog for those seasons, but now I am so excited to return with fresh vision and renewed passion for this space.
Although this space was originally launched back in 2016, the heart for “Melonie by Grace” was planted a few years prior. When I was relatively new to Jesus in college, I decided to change my Instagram handle to “@meloniebygrace.” I did not fully understand why that name really settled into my heart, and I did not fully grasp the meaning of grace, but I had overwhelming peace about that name.
When I became a single mother during my fourth and final year in college, it was then that I began to come into a revelation about grace. I spent nearly five years as a single mother — it was during that time that I graduated college with highest honors, went to law school, passed the bar, and practiced law at a large international firm. People always ask me how I managed to do it while being a single mother, but I tell them I did not, at least not on my own accord. I did those things by relying on the grace God had for me, as those were the things He asked me to do. His grace empowered me to be a mommy and an attorney. I firmly believe that His grace is on you for whatever He’s called you to do.
In the time that I have spent offline, I have learned to fully embrace all that I am passionate about, beyond motherhood and law.
So, what can you expect to find here?
- Encouragement to single moms and women alike to pursue Jesus in everything,
- Posts about our family life, from motherhood and pregnancy to marriage,
- DIY projects, home decor and design, and party planning tips,
- Posts about my travels with my husband and our children,
- and more!
Welcome to Melonie by Grace!